Wednesday 9 May 2012

Working at working

I've been getting about 2300 words per day this week.  I have lots more time to write now that I cut back my 'other job' hours.  So it turns out that the old axiom 'you need to write to learn how to write', is true.  In my case at least.  Who would have thunk it?  I'm 57000 words in to my book and as I look back at my writing in early chapters compared to now, there has been a marked improvement in my writing.  That's good in the sense that I am improving, but bad in the sense that I now have to do more rewriting than I planned for.  Oh well. Its all part of the Journey.  Is there anyone else writing their first novel out there who wants to connect?  If you don't want to publicly send me an e-mail:  john.ava@eastlink.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment